Thursday, October 8, 2009

An unexpected trip

This Sunday 10th grade is going on a trip with "the white buses" to Poland. I hadn't thought much about this trip as I was not going with them this year. But unexpected illness changed that and yesterday I was asked if I could go. It wasn't a great week since my husband was going away for 5 days with work. I didn't think it would be possible. But within an hour we managed to arrange for family to take care of the kids and find a solution for all the practical challenges. So I'm going! Thank God for wonderful family!

We will start out in Krakow and visit Auswitch and Birkenau. This picture was taken 2 years ago when I was there with my 10th grade. It's an experience of a lifetime and it changes you forever. It is a part of history that must never be forgotten!


I'll tell you more about where we are going and what we will do during this week. I'm also hoping that Blogwriter on my Iphone will allow me to post a few posts along the way.

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

How cool is this! My girls are jealous...they go to St. Augustine to learn about the history of Florida...again...or Sea World:-)

Joanna Jenkins said...

This will be an amazing trip. I look forward to reading about it. Safe travels.
xo

Som mine dager er said...

Of what I hear, this is a very special trip, that will effect you for the rest of your life. I guess you would know since you've already been there.

Du får fotografere og vise oss underveis. I-phone er visst bra i så måte. Tenker ungdommene får seg en tankevekker og går i seg selv en stakket stund.

Ønsker deg en fin tur, jente.

Klem fra Marit

Les Cotrions said...

Oh that's sounds great! I've never been in Poland, but it's in my list! Krakow must be very beatiful!!!
Enjoy a nice journey!
Vale

Samsmama said...

How wonderful! I look forward to hearing about it and seeing pictures! Enjoy!

P.S. My magazine arrived over the weekend, thanks again!

Cindy said...

Thank you for your nice comment. I'll try to join in on PInk Saturday but I feel like I'm coming down with a cold or something.

Powered by IP2Location.com