Thursday, September 9, 2010

8 months of silence



So how do you start writing again after 8 months of silence?

I don't know the answer to that yet.
In my head I have tried to come up with clever ways of announcing that I'm back, but truth be told I feel neither clever nor am I sure that I'll be back. Writing a blog was such an outlet for me to express myself. I truly enjoyed sitting down at the end of the day sharing my thoughts and the things that brought me joy. But as we entered the new year I found myself feeling completely and utterly empty. Just the thought of writing down anything was overwhelming. I couldn't even open my blog to take a look at the comments. Life is sometimes so demanding that the things you used to love become a chore. And I couldn't handle any more chores. So I quit!

Today life is even more demanding. For reasons that I might share later my heart is broken and I feel even more empty than ever. And for some odd reason the thought of writing again has started to haunt me at night when I should be sleeping. So here I am. I don't know for how long or if I'll be able to do this. But at least the silence is broken

7 comments:

Ronnica said...

Glad you have broken the silence. I hope you keep writing but understand if you don't.

(came over from SITS)

Suzanne said...

First of all, welcome back to the "no judgement zone". That's how I like to think of my blog anyway;) I don't know your exact situation but your words spoke to me this morning. I have been in a place similar to yours where I feel so empty and I also believe our blogs should be a sweet haven and not a chore. So good for you if you take breaks when you need them...even long ones. I've done the same, especially this year when every time I get up again life is waiting to deliver a swift kick and knock me down.

Since sharing some of this on my blog, I am amazed at how many others feel this way. We are therre for you when you are ready to return...always remember that. In the meantime, do what feels best for you. Your blog is such a sweet place to visit and while it is great to have you back, we all understand how life can be.
Big Hugs,
Suzanne

Elaine said...

For some reason I looked at your blog ..I guess because it said I'm back after 8 months.. I often feel empty and alone since my husband passed away and my children and grandchildren all have their own lives...It leaves my days quite empty. I hope the lord will fill your heart and hands with joy and that you can navigate through what ever is upsetting and causing you to feel this way..You are not alone...believe me there are so many of us with problems that we keep in the closet as they say..
Hugs Elaine Would love to hear from you.

Unknown said...

Hei elskede vennen min,
godt å se deg her, men vil treffe deg live en dag <3
Love ~

Valerie said...

I think Suzanne did such a nice job welcoming you back and sharing how, at least for most of us, this is a "no judgment" zone! (Although, I know there are some out there that can and do judge us!)

Anyway, so glad that you have broken your silence and hope that blgging provides for you a creative outlet to share your pain and JOY!

Since you've been gone, I've announced a pregnancy, survived a record heat wave summer here in the midwestern United States (which I'm sure you remember experiencing!) and delivered a bouncing baby boy at the end of July. Needless to say, I haven't been the greatest at blogging either b/c I found I was just too tired or now am just too overwhelmed at times with 3 little ones.

Take your time and take care of yourself. What if you set a goal of blogging 1X a week, just so that you could blog/journal as a form of "therapy" to get through these challenging times?

Blessings to you,
Valerie

Unknown said...

i'm so sorry to hear of your troubles. i do hope that you'll be happy whether it's through your blog, or through another outlet.
suzanne definitely summed everything up so perfectly. i enjoy your blog very much. and i hope everything works out. if you do decide to return, i'm sure everyone will be here to support you no matter what your troubles are.

Dreamgirl said...

Thank you beautiful blog sisters! I was so overwhelmed by your encouraging and warm comments. I truly feel welcomed back:-) Still it has been hard for me to actually sit down and write. I guess I have to just take this one step at the time... little by little I´ll find my way back!

I´ll see you around soon!

A big hug to you all

Powered by IP2Location.com