Saturday, May 30, 2009

Finding the perfect swimsuit

One of he hardest thing I know is to find a nice swimsuit. I hate trying them on in tiny neonlighted dressing-rooms, while a very young, skinny and way too friendly girl is standing outside the door asking you how they fit. If you are lucky you find yourself in one of those rooms that have mirrors that reflect eachother and you can see yourself from all angles endlessly. This is certain to brighten your day! I have usually started the hunt for a swimsuit in april when my Norwegian skin is still milkywhite after being wrapped in wool a whole season. Being wrapped in wool also can make you a little bit lazy when it comes to the shaving of legs... Out of sight, out of mind right? Well, lets just say I'm not at my very best... To top it off I live in a wonderful country where all the women are crosscountry skiiers and love broccoli. Because of this it's almost impossible to find swimsuits that go beyond size very skinny very tall. Well, needless to say I'm neither and I'm forced to choose between three models that my grandma would love.

Last year I decided I would try something new. I found a webpage that had an excellent selection of swimsuits in larger sizes (not just grannystyle!) and ordered two new swimsuits (black - what a surprise!). It did take a couple of weeks for them to arrive in Norway and I was supernervous trying them on in my dimly lit bedroom (should have added some candles just to soften up that woolcladskincolor...) To my delight they fit perfectly! They are by far the best swimsuits I have ever had... I have to mention that they are pretty hot too! The brand is Miraclesuit and they will keep everything in the right place if you know what I mean...

So for all you fabulous big girls out there that are looking for a great swimsuit, go to
They have all kinds of swimwear, sportswear and underwear in a wide range of sizes.

This year I have decided to order two more swimsuits. I'm ready for the beach baby!

The picture is of one of the models I bought last year. I absolutely love it. And because I'm such a bling-bling girl I actually fastened a diamond-pin right in the middle of the cleavage...







3 comments:

Unknown said...

Påminner meg, kjære Dreamgirl, om at du må hjeeeeelpe meg å bestille...
Har blitt behørig feiret av familie fra både Frankrike, Oslo og Horten i dag, miks av begge sider, veldig koselig... Nannimannen hadde invitert i smug.... ;o) Han er nå god..
Klem til deg fra meg ~

Anonymous said...

You bought a model last year? huuuuhhhhhhhhhh, what did Per say? Oh, the model of swimsuit. So sorry! LOL. That is a very cute suit, and I'm sure you look fabulous in it. My swimsuit is in bad need of a replacement, and there is only one thing I hate more than shopping for jeans, it's shopping for swimsuits. It just takes FoRevER to find the right fit. Yes even for me silly!!!

Love you, Amy

Dreamgirl said...

Hi Amy!
Thanks for coming by my blog! I love to hear from you and I do miss you guys so much!

Please come by again and leave little comments. It makes me feel so much in touch...

LOTS OF LOVE FROM NORWAY

Powered by IP2Location.com