I got another award! Yippee!
One of my favorite bloggers La Belle Mere UK was kind enough to pass this award on to me. She must have known that I needed a pick-me-up, because I'm in sunny Spain in bed with a cold. Misery! My family and friends have been out having a blast, while I have been in bed feeling sorry for myself. Not any more! I'm back baby!
So this award stipulates that I need to reveal 10 things about myself. Here we go:
1. I teach Spanish to 14-16 year old teenagers.(I know, the patience of an angel!)
2. I have had two emergency c-sections and told my husband to have a vasectomy "if he ever wanted to have sex ever again..." (Worked like a charm!)
3. I never go to bed until early morning hours... which means I'm in a constant lack of sleep! (Don't tell anyone... they think I'm just grumpy by nature!)
4. I'm a chocaholic. Which means I will steal, lie, fight and cry to feed my habit.
5. My husband was my first and only (!)
6. I LOVE to travel and would quit working in a second if I didn't need a paycheck. (I hope my colleagues don't read this as I have them convinced that I love teaching and that it's my true calling in life!)
7. I met Aha at the airport in the 80s when they were still unknown. Should have asked for an autograph. But at that time they were just 3 cute boys and we chatted for an hour!
8. I was once asked to be the lead singer in a Spanish Punk Band... They had never heard me sing, but I guess it didn't matter much! I declined.
9. I worked as a realtor in Tulsa, Oklahoma for 3 years. This is where I learned to listen to Country Music as it was the only thing playing on the radio 24/7. I also picked up the habit of decorating with far too many christmas lights - my husband found that especially annoying when he had to hire a manual lift to decorate our 13 meter (40+ feet) tall Spruce tree! I watched him through the window as he was hanging on top of that tree in a snowstorm and by his facial expression he looked like he was swearing... (But of course he wasn't!) He never took the lights down though... they are still there in our Spruce!
10. My husband and I bought an old nursing home and turned it into 24 student apartments. We turned the common areas into a big apartment for our family and were going to live there a year. It's now 6 years later and we are still there! Our friends think we are nuts...
So next ones to receive this award.... hmmmm...
Gracie at A Touch of Grace for her warmth and wisdom.
Kristin at All in a Mom's Life for her wry humor and irony which cracks me up every time.
Samsmama at Raising Stink just because she is one crazy mama...