Thursday, August 6, 2009

Today's challenge: Create an album cover

Today I visited Federica. She has a wonderful blog and today she had been tagged to do a fun challenge. The task was to create your own random "album cover".
I decided to try it out myself and here is my result:

My bands name: first random article on Wikipedia (a book title). The album's name: last phrase of the last quote on random Quotationspage. Finally the picture: 3rd picture on Flickr's "explore the last 7 days". All the picks were random and put together to create my COOL cover.

Now join in for some fun!


These are the rules:
1 - Click
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random The first random wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.
2 - Go to
http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3 The last phrase of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.
3 - Click
http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days The third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover art.
4 - Use photoshop or similar to put it all together. I used Photoscape.
5- Tag some friends to join in


I'm tagging: Samsmama, Nanni, Marit, Tiina and Alicia. Join in if you have the time and the desire.

If anyone else want to join in... let me know by leaving a comment and I'll come look! I'll actually have a drawing tomorrow and if you participated your name goes in the hat. What do you get? Haven't decided yet... A surprise!

Added Thursday evening:

Okay, I'll do the drawing on Sunday. Then you'll all have time to participate. And the prize is.... drumrolll...

A subscription to Harper's Bazaar!

(12 issues)

Go check out the album covers of the participants so far (just click on the link):

Lolly

RebeccaMom

La Belle Mère

SamsMama

JaelCustomDesigns

And the winner is: SAMSMAMA!

My son did the draw and you are the lucky girl! So send me all your details by mail to www.sweeterliving@gmail.com and I will order your giftsubscription. It usually takes 4-6 weeks before the first issue arrives. But hopefully you'll enjoy it!

Thanks for playing everyone!

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Heh! Ja, man tag(g)er hva man haver.... Jeg må se om jeg får gjort noen sprell i løpet av torsdagen :o)
Vi er bedt bort til middag og skal deretter hente sofa hos Lisa, så dagen går, men ei skal sjå.... :o)
Morsom utfordring, sweetie!
Klemmer

FEDERICA said...

Such a great cover darling!

Amy said...

How neat and creative.

Samsmama said...

Ack! The drawing is tomorrow? I'll do the challenge but can't do it by then. :(

Dreamgirl said...

Okay - I'll do the drawing on Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment!! I'm going to do it once I get my 4 month old to stop crying so definitely check it out!

RebeccaMom said...

this is great! love it! thanks for stopping by my blog SITSta :) hope you have a great day!

RebeccaMom said...

i did the album cover too- too much fun!

La Belle Mere said...

Ooooh mine came out pretty good!!! Check it out on todays post....

http://labellemereuk.blogspot.com/2009/08/albums-awards-and-away-with-fairies.html

B xxx

Michelle said...

THat's seriously fun! i dont have photo editing software though.

tracy said...

Sorry I haven't gotten back... Ive been working over time!
Hay, this sounds like fun...I'd love to join in, but I am off to my daughters for the week end to help with the baby.Hope you'll do it again.In the mean time I'll check on Monday to see who the winner is.
Yours looks great,love the photo..cute name.
Gracie

Samsmama said...

I don't have photo editing software either, but I gave it my best effort. It's terrible.

Liz Mays said...

That could actually sell as an album! :)

So glad you stopped by today. I thought I'd stop by too!

Alicia said...

ohhhh what a fun tag! that's so cool!

Unknown said...

Hei du,
jeg rekker ikke hive meg på denne gangen, du får historien senere :o)
Drar til Gålå i dag, Peer Gynt spelet i morgen,
blir nok litt lite blogging, kommer an på nettilgangen..
Snakkes, kjære :o)

JaelCustomDesigns said...

*Visiting from SITS
Happy Sunday! I'm going to do the challenge, I hope I'm not too late! I'll be back to post the link.

- Following your blog

JaelCustomDesigns said...

Okay, here's the link to my album cover. http://jaelcustomdesigns.blogspot.com/2009/08/sundays-create-album-challenge.html

Hope I did an okay job!

Samsmama said...

I'd like to thank the academy, my friends and family for their undying support, wait, what? Not that kind of award? Anyway, I'm happy to have won and look forward to my subscription! I tried to email you my info, hope it came through!

THANK YOU!

Powered by IP2Location.com